Blazer GB4001 Stingray Butane Torch Review
The Blazer GB4001 butane torch is a very precision oriented torch which can be used for any precision task requiring a precise flame, such as dental and lab work, culinary and jewelry making as well as plumbing, brazing and soldering. It comes with a refillable butane gas tank which will provide between 1 ½ – 2 hours of usage on full flame. The blue flame length can easily be controlled with the gas flow adjustable lever and it is this feature which provides it’s precision capability.
Blazer Products is a well known and trusted manufacturer of Butane torches since 1985. They are known worldwide for their original micro torch products.
Features of the Blazer GB4001
- The torch head has a 90-degree fixed angle
- It comes with a Piezoelectric ignition system and consequently does not require an electrical connection. Piezoelectric energy occurs as a result of a small, spring-loaded internal hammer which strikes a crystal and then produces a spark. The result is ignition of the gas flame.
- Attachable, tabletop stand, for hands-free use
- Burns at 2,500-degree F
- It has a blue-torch flame for a more precise flame tip
Anodized outer body finish, to resist corrosion and wear. This also looks attractive and adds to it’s strong and sturdy feel
- Gas flow adjustment lever
- Manual ignition lock
- Burn Time – 1 ½ – 2 hours on full flame
- The torch has a gas-flow adjustment lever to control the flame length
- It also comes with a kill switch
- This torch offers a manual lock of the ignition when it is not in use.
The Blazer GB4001 Stingray torch operates with a standard butane canister (sold separately).
Blazer Products advise that this butane torch is prohibited by federal regulations to be used for the purpose of home use. It is only intended for use in an industrial or professional environment, however the customers who have left reviews seem to have no issues with using it at home.
- Dimensions – 6.0 (l) x 3.5 (w) x 1.33 (d) inches
- Weight – 6.3 ounces.
- Gas Capacity -26-grams
- Flame Range – 0.5 to 1.25 inches
- Excellent value for your money
- It’s well made, sturdy and comfortable to hold.
- It can be unlocked, turned on, lit, extinguished, and locked all with one hand
- It is made by a manufacturer who specializes in butane torches and lighters
- Fills without making a mess
- The controls and buttons to light the torch feel flimsy
User Ratings and Reviews
Most users of the Blazer GB2001 Butane Torch were very satisfied with the product. A few people had issues with not being able to effectively control the flame and a few just didn’t like it. However, the stats speak for themselves and those who were not happy, may have regrettably purchased a faulty unit.
By far the majority of customers however, liked the torch and were impressed with its performance. The torch is versatile and easy to use as well as durable and reliable. Customers also like the self-ignition system and the convenience of the Butane canisters. The precision blue flame allows for fine work and the torch is praised by jewellery makers and other tradespeople alike. To see more about what customers had to say about the product, you can read the reviews here.
The Blazer GB2001 Butane Torch is available from Amazon and if you are eligible you can enjoy even more savings with Free Shipping. It is well priced and provides excellent value in addition to the mechanical features. Customers have clearly shown their confidence in the product by according it such an excellent rating so based on customer feedback, the torch is recommended.